Saturday, October 28, 2017

Ode to November Love


Having completed another round of ‘preventive therapy’ I will admit to feeling a bit puny. Perhaps it was that eighty-year old puniness, and the cute nurse who indulges me, that brought me back to this YouTube clip I came across  a while back.
Warning---this is unabashedly ‘November,’ with a hint of ‘December.’ The perceptive eye will catch hints of April and June, but the emphasis is on the other end of life’s love journey---a time and place that most of the world seems content to overlook.
I guarantee this is not for everyone. But for those who can relate it has the feel of reality, and deserves to be acknowledged in the same way we venerate young love.
  Most of all, it speaks the truth in a meaningful way. In my tired old mind it has the feel of a heartfelt prayer.
An Ode to November Love. (The clip wants to start near the end, so be sure to rewind to the beginning.)





No comments:

Post a Comment