Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The cat's out of the bag



(Originally posted March 18, 2013

It’s only been a month since my last post and I’m back again. Fact is, there’s been a lot going on. First of all, after eight years spent toiling in the semi-darkness, someone turned on the light. On Sunday, March 17, Barbara Curtin of the Salem Statesman-Journal published a very nice article on my Tanner Chronicles efforts.
I think Barbara did a good job of describing my unorthodox retirement project and where it has taken me. My only regret is that I didn’t emphasize how much I’d like to have folks read those Tanner stories. For those who enjoy reading of real people dealing with real life I think they are worth the time. As I've said elsewhere, there’s nothing more “real” than those October Years I write about. 
Still, I will admit to a certain satisfaction---knowing that “Tanner” is now aware of its “Chronicles.” Even better, her story was just one of the good things to come my way lately. In addition to revising the Tanner Chronicles website, courtesy daughter Amy, who does such a good job keeping the site up-to-date, my Amazon.com Author’s Page is up and running now.  The Author's page details all of my stories and sells them in both paperback and ebook editions.
Lastly, I’m only weeks away from having all eight books available in paperback versions. And though I would like to see lots of people reading them, Barbara had it right when she described my satisfaction at having those humble volumes lined up on my bookshelf. Besides, with that accomplished I can finally get back to telling a new story. Like I’ve said before, I expect to run out of days before I run out of stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment